Esperance Soccer Association is running a MiniRoos program is open for players turning 4 in 2019.
Player age is determined by the age as at Dec 31st in the current calendar year.
The nation-wide initiative uses short, fun game-based sessions to introduce the sport of football to newcomers in an inclusive environment. Every player gets plenty of time on the ball and the prime aim of each session is for children to build fundamental motor skills. It focuses on learning new skills, being active, making life-long friends and, potentially, unearthing the next generation of Socceroos or Matildas!
In Esperance, Mini Roos will run from May 5th – August 4th, starting at 1pm on the smaller field. Look for the flags.
To register please click here.
MiniRoos Kick-Off programs have been developed in line with the game-sense philosophy of sport participation. This approach to sport delivery emphasises a move away from traditional coach dominated sessions to those that are player centred, and use game-like situations rather than technical drills. This type of environment teaches the fundamentals of a sport in a fun, engaging, and inclusive environment that focuses on enjoyment rather than results. It should be no surprise to parents that the more fun their child has, the more likely they are to continue playing. This is the overarching tenet that guides MiniRoos Kick-Off.
What are the benefits of signing up your children for Mini Roos?
* Make new friends and develop social skills.
* Develop values of teamwork, co-operation, fair play, and respect for others.
* Develop a child’s ability to make quick decisions and improve reaction time.
* Keep healthy by getting active.
* Parents of players under 8 years of age must remain at the game (please pitch in to help if you can).
* Shin guards must be worn by all players without exception.
* Only SPORTS glasses may be worn for safety reasons.
* No playing while wearing limb casts.